What is NSBE?
- NSBE stands for National Society of Black Engineers. It is an international student ran organization focused on the academic and professional success of students in engineering.
- NSBE is comprised of three major groups PCI/NSBE Jr (k-12), NSBE Collegiate (undergraduate/graduate), and NSBE Professionals (graduate/professionals).
What is NSBE’s mission?
To increase the number of culturally responsible black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community.
Who is the Greater Albuquerque NSBE Jr. Chapter?
We are comprised of students in grades 3-12 from the Greater Albuquerque Area, advisors, mentors, and coaches.
What is our mission?
- Our overall mission is to introduce and expose students to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) topics and career paths and prepare the next generation of students with the tools needed to be successful in these fields and the leaders within our community while being in a fun supportive environment
- We accomplish this by striving to have an overall chapter GPA of 3.0, participating in events and workshops aimed at post-secondary academic opportunities, and serving our community through community service and volunteering.
Who is our leadership?
We are a student ran organization consisting of a peer elected executive board and an adult advisory board.
What do we offer?
- An introduction to concepts in STEM through hands-on activities and challenging competitions
- Tutoring and homework help and SAT/ACT Training
- Leadership Training
- Travel to NSBE’s regional conference and national convention
What have been some of our recent accomplishments?
- VEX EDR Judge’s Award — NSBE National’s VEX Competition 2019
- VEX IQ Judge’s Award — NSBE National’s VEX IQ Competition 2019
- VEX EDR Judge’s Award Design – NSBE Nationals VEX Competition 2018
- NSBE Golden Torch Recipient for Pre-College Initiative (PCI) Program of the Year 2017
- PCI Male Member of the Year 2017
- 1st Place Champion’s Award — NSBE National’s FIRST Lego League 2017
- VEX EDR Judge’s Award Design — UNM VEX Regional Competition 2017
- 2nd Place Champion’s Award — NSBE National’s FIRST Lego League 2016
- 2nd Place NSBE National VEX Robotics EDR Competition – NSBE National’s VEX Competition 2015
- Best Design NSBE National FIRST Lego League 2015
- 3rd Place Lower Level NSBE National’s Try-Math-A-Lon (TMAL) 2014
- 1st Place 9th-10th grade & 2nd Place 11th-12th grade NSBE Regional TMAL 2013
- 2nd place Champion’s Award — NSBE National’s FIRST Lego League 2014
- 2nd Place NSBE Regional KidWind 2013
How can you contact us?
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- POC: La Tonya Jenkins